Monday, January 4, 2010

    All I Want To Do Is Run

    “I was running before I hit the trees, my clothes strewn out behind me like a trail of crumbs — as if I wanted to find my way back. It was almost too easy now to phase. I didn’t have to think. My body already knew where I was going and, before I asked it to, it gave me what I wanted. I had four legs now, and I was flying.

    The trees blurred into a sea of black flowing around me. My muscles bunched and released in an effortless rhythm. I could run like this for days and I would not be tired. Maybe, this time, I wouldn’t stop.”

    Have you ever experienced, in one point of your life, that you just feel like running away and never come back? Where you leave everything behind and just run as far and as fast as you could, and never look back? Like nothing in the world matters to you anymore?

    I did. I have thought about running away countless times, to anywhere my heart takes me. They say we should not run away from our problems, instead we should stand up and fight them. And I totally agree with them on that. I do not endorse running away from all of your problems, but a little breather won’t hurt, right? How long can you fight a war - a war that could potentially wipe off your existence - without taking time off to ponder about your next move?

    It’s not necessary a bad thing, sometimes, to just run and forget about all your problems, all that mess and all the undefined feelings you have. I mean, who doesn’t want to run to a place where you can lie down and look at the stars, hear the waves and just let your mind wander off. A place where you can cry all you want, or shout as loud as can. A place where you can be who you want without people judging you, or a place where you can just run as far as your legs can take you.

    I guess what I’m trying to say here is that it is perfectly OK if you think of running away sometimes. Not from all of your problems because you still would have to face them when you come back, but a little time alone might be all that you need.

    So run; run as far as you could! Nobody is stopping you, and nobody should. It is your life after all, so take control of it!

    And how I wish I could be Jacob Black now - phasing and running as far and as fast as I could. Lucky bugger!

    2 comments:

    Samantha Chow said...

    I bet you're just wishing so hard tht ur Jacob Black eh?! :P

    nickleschow™ said...

    No I do not, he is gay! :P

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails