Friday, January 1, 2010

    She Is My Grandma

    The person lying on the bed right now is the person who took care of me since I was young. The person lying on the bed right now is the person who took care of me when I was sick. The person lying on the bed right now is the person who took a bus everyday to pick me up from kindergarten. The person lying on the bed right now is the person who stood outside of my class to make sure that I know she is there when I need her. The person lying on the bed right now is the person who helped me with my Chinese lessons. The person lying on the bed right now is the person who gave me extra pocket money and bought me stuff.


    The person, she is my grandma.

    And seeing at her lying on the bed today at the hospital after her surgery, it makes my heart sore. Seeing her with tubes all over her body broke my heart. She looks older than I remembered her to be. She looked fragile. She couldn’t sit up and she was in a lot of pain. It just breaks my heart to know that my 80-year-old grandma has to endure such pain.

    But I swear I could see her eyes sparkle when she saw me. I think she was happy to see a familiar face. Even though she was in pain, the first thing she asked me was: “Have you eaten your dinner? There’s bread in the cupboard”. Even in pain, all she cared about was me. She asked me to go home early, because she said it was dangerous to drive back at night. But I couldn’t leave her. Not until I make sure that she is OK. Or that she know that I miss her and care for her as much as she cares for me.

    Chatting with her, I could see that she enjoyed the company. I could see that she misses me. When I left, she was beginning to feel weak because of the painkillers. With her eyes closing, she said: “Don’t worry, I will be fine”. I’m not worried. I know she is tough.

    Because she is my grandma.

    Get well soon, grandma.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails