Sunday, January 17, 2010

    Pants On The Ground And Everything In Between

    As you should have known by now - unless you have been living under a rock - that the ninth season of American Idol officially kicked off last week. I have still not gotten over Season 8 though, that's 'cos my fave Idol from Season 8 is making headlines and rockin' as hard as before. 


    The reason why I like Adam Lambert as a performer is because of his originality (remember 'If I Can't Have You'?), his musical talents and soaring vocal range, and definitely his mesmerizing performances on stage. Come and think of it, I have never really liked any guy Idols before Lambert because 1) the ladies are always hotter (and more talented) 2) they all look and sound the same and 3) I'm not gay, thank you very much. 


    OK, coming back to Idol Season 9, I know it's only two episodes into the new season, but I think I have already found my favourites and yeap, you guessed it: they are pretty, talented hot chicks. 


    My first favourite is 21-year-old Ashley Rodriguez from the Boston audition rounds. She is super sweet, has a very nice smile and gawd, she can sing as well! She sang Alicia Keys' 'If I Ain't Got You' and she sailed through with flying colours. Simon even said she "has it", and if you are an Idol junkie, you know you don't hear that often from Simon.




    My second favourite is 20-year-old Mallorie Haley from the Atlanta audition rounds. She is really cute,
    blonde (those who know me well knows that I have a soft spot for blonde girls =p) and she sounds a lot 
    like Carrie Underwood. Like, if you close your eyes and listen, the uncanny resemblance is just amazing. She sang Faith Hill's 'Piece Of My Heart' and like my dear Ashley, sailed through to Hollywood. Really do 
    hope both of them will be in the Top 12. *crosses fingers*



    And of course, who can forget The General, Larry Pratt, and his super-infectious 'Pants on the Ground' (you look like a fool with your pants on the ground). The 62-year-old real American hero, unlike William Hung, managed to upstage all the "real" singers on the Atlanta auditions episode with his instantly viral hit that left the judges gasping for air. And yeah, Simon was right when he said that 'Pants on the Ground' will become an instant hit. 





    Just some random facts: did you know that General Larry Pratt has his own holiday in Atlanta, on
    September 4th? And that he was a student of Martin Luther King? He ain't no fool with his pants on the 
    ground, mind you!



    *****



    In spirit of the General, I came up with my very own pick-up line:



    "Hi, my name is ______. Would you like to see my 
    Pants on the Ground?"


    Pretty smart, huh? =P

    1 comments:

    Samantha Chow said...

    No, I wouldn't.

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails