Monday, January 4, 2010

    A Movie Review: Avatar


    After hearing and reading how “Avatar totally rocks, dude” and “OMG OMG, Avatar is awweeesoommee!” a million times on my Facebook stream, I have finally got a chance to watch it for myself today. Wanna know what I think? Movie review below:

    Plus points: Ask anyone who have seen the movie and the first thing they would tell you is that the graphics are awesome. So, I’m gonna try reviewing the movie without saying anything about the graphics. Okay, who am I kidding right? There’s no way you are gonna talk about Avatar without mentioning the CGI and how awesome it made the movie. With a massive $300 million production budget, the CGI was top-notch; from the Smurf-blue Na’vis and Planet Pandora’s awesome structure to the epic war scene, the graphics were just jaw-droppingly breathtaking. In fact, in my opinion, Avatar trumps Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, District 9 and Star Trek as the best CGI-ed movie of 2009.

    Minus points: Speaking of the graphics, one thing I didn’t really like about it was that they kinda emphasized a little too much on the graphics. Yes, we know that the trees glow in the dark, and the path lights up every time you step on it, but almost 30 minutes of showing off CGI masterpieces? It was like they were purposely trying to show-off the graphics every chance they get. Also, the build-up to the climax was a bit of a drag and kinda boring. Just ask the guy beside me, he was already snoring 20 minutes into the movie (no kidding!). But don’t worry though, the climax made it all worth it.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails