Tuesday, January 5, 2010

    The Year That Was 2009

    It's end of another year, and honestly, I do not know what to make of it. While some people would say that they have had a good 2009 or a bad 2009, I think I was lucky (or unlucky?) enough to have a mix of both - a little of good, a little of bad and yes, a little bit of ugly.


    Here's a highlight of my most memorable moments of 2009:





    1) Quit a dead-end job...
    The job I had heading into 2009 was fun in the beginning, but soon, a little case of company politics, a case of not being appreciated enough and supervisors turning against me, it was the most miserable time -and the worst job experience - I ever had in 2009. I have finally decided to quit the job which was, at that point, already a dead-end. I do not regret it one bit.


    ...but found a better, and dare I say, my dream job
    I love my job now. I couldn't ask for anything better. I have always loved writing, and of course, I love writing for MSN Entertainment. And not to mention my kooky and crazy colleagues. Samantha would know what I'm talking about here =)




    2) Lost a few friends...
    Although some due to silly misunderstandings, I think we are still friends. I HOPE we are still friends. No matter what, we are friends for life - we ride together, we die together! (For more buddy-buddy effect lah =p)


    ...but I made new ones
    I am grateful to have met new friends along the way. You know who you are!




    3) Broke up with an ex-love...
    It was turning into a turbulent relationship and I was beyond depressed at that point, therefore I have decided to end the relationship. It wasn't easy at first, but I thought it was something I had to do. Did not regret though.


    ...but later found someone I really, really like
    Don't bother guessing who, you kaypochi's! I would deny, deny and deny!






    4) Joined Men's Health Refine & Define 2009 competition...
    And it was the best six months of 2009 - and I would say the best six months of my life! I have learnt how to scuba dive, cook a three-course French meal, CPR and first aid, danced (yes, I did!) and even defensive driving. Yes, I'm Refined and Defined!


    ...and met 19 new, awesome friends
    We have been through thick and thin together, and I would consider them as my brothers-in-arm. We always have fun no matter where we are. The funny thing is: we clicked almost instantly from the first time that we met. I think my life wouldn't be the same with these guys.




    5) Holiday-ed in Singapore...
    The last time I went to Singapore was when I was just five. And it was a much-welcomed break from all the drama at that time.


    ...and Redang too!
    It was my first time there, and I fell in love with the white, sandy beaches and the clear, blue ocean the moment I stepped foot there. I miss you already, Redang! I'll be back, wait for me!




    6) Ran my first marathon...
    I have never ran a marathon before this, but it was something I have always wanted to do. Joined the Klang Community Run, managed to finish and almost got a medal. It was a really cool experience! It was liberating.


    ...and fed the homeless
    Thanks to Kechara Soup Kitchen, I have an opportunity to see - and experience first hand - how grateful I should be for all that I have now. What we did was; we packed and delivered food to the homeless all around KL. Needless to say, it was seriously an eye-opening experience.


    ***


    With 2009 out of the way, I hope 2010 holds new challenges for me. Happy 2010, all of you! May this year be your best year yet =)

    2 comments:

    iskandar yang comel said...

    Aaawww....... so the sweet.

    Deny deny deny deny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    alvin & the chipmunks said...

    glad that u have more happy than sad in 2009... stay refine and define! r&d09 rocks!!

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails